We educate about 250 students per month in our Drivers Improvement class, offered in Stafford and Fredericksburg areas. We have a regular schedule offering classes every Saturday and Sunday as well as different days during the week. Its easy to find a day that fits your schedule, with A+ Driving School we take pride in offering classes and flexibility to work with almost anyones’ schedule.
If you’ve been issued a ticket, been to court and the judge ordered driving school, or you’re trying to regain points on your driving record, this 8-hour class is for you.
You will receive five safe driving points if you voluntarily complete a driver improvement clinic (if eligible by the DMV). This is allowed only once every 24 months.
Safe driving points will not be awarded if clinic attendance is for court. (unless you have documentation from the court allowing us to issue you good points if eligible by DMV)
The Points System
Demerit points are assigned when you are convicted of a traffic violation and remain valid for two years from the date you commit the offense.
Safe driving points are assigned for each full calendar year that you hold a valid Virginia driver’s license and drive without any violations or suspensions.
In some cases, you may also earn safe driving points by completing a driver improvement clinic.
Annual safe driving points are awarded in early April of each year for the previous calendar year.
Driver improvement clinics are required to electronically report clinic completion information to DMV within 24 hours.
If you are a driver under age 18, you are required to take a drivers improvement clinic if:
- You are convicted of a demerit-point traffic, safety belt or child restraint violation. If you do not satisfactorily complete the clinic within 90 days, DMV will suspend your permit or license until the clinic is completed.
- You are convicted of a second demerit-point traffic, safety belt or child restraint violation. As a result, DMV will suspend your permit or license for 90 days. If you have no other means of transportation, you may petition the Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court in your jurisdiction for restricted driving privileges to drive between home and work.
- You are convicted of a second demerit-point traffic, safety belt or child restraint violation. As a result, DMV will revoke your permit or license for one year or until you reach age 18, whichever is longer.
If you are a driver age 18 or older, you are required to take a drivers improvement clinic if:
- You are convicted of a demerit-point, safety belt or child restraint violation committed when you were ages 18 or 19.
- You accumulated eight demerit points in 12 months or 12 points in 24 month). You will then receive an advisory letter that cautions you about the consequences of violating the law.
- You accumulated 12 demerit points in 12 months or 18 points in 24 months. Then, you must enroll in and satisfactorily complete the clinic within 90 days.
- You accumulated 18 demerit points in 12 months or 24 points in 24 months. As a result, your driving privilege will be suspended for 90 days and, you must complete a driver improvement clinic before your privilege will be restored. Once your privilege is restored, you will be placed on a six-month probation period.